PORK:What does it do for Michigan?
- Provides 5,300 jobs
- Michigan is ranked #13 in pork production in the United States
- Michigan’s 2,100 pork producers market over 2 million hogs per year
- Michigan pork producers generate more than $250 million of personal income
- Michigan pork producers support $343.4 million of gross state product in activities created by the industry
- Accounting for a total contribution to Michigan’s economy of nearly $600 million
- A significant component of that economic activity is from pork exports. Nearly 700 jobs and $27.9 million of personal income are generated for the state from exports of Michigan-grown pork
Pork Be delicious, Be Creative and Be inspired!
Michigan producers involved in pork production are committed to finding new and innovative ways to do business. From environmental management to animal nutrition and animal health, Michigan pork producers take their responsibilities VERY seriously and have been innovative leaders in the research, science and latest technology that helps keep feeding the world. The main goal for Michigan Pork Producers is to produce the healthiest, safe and environmentally sound pork products for our consumers to enjoy and demand. Healthy animals are a vital part of a successful pork industry.