Pork: What does it do for Michigan?
- Provides 10,800 pork-related jobs for the state of Michigan.
- Michigan is ranked #13 in pork production in the United States.
- Michigan’s 2,691 pork producers market over 2 to 2.5 million hogs per year.
- Michigan pork producers generate $332.7 million avg. annual sales from hogs marketed.
- Accounting for a total contribution to Michigan’s economy of nearly $567.3 million.
- A significant component of that economic activity is from pork exports. 700 additional jobs and an additional $50 million of personal income directly attributable to exports of Michigan pork.
Pork Be delicious, Be Creative and Be inspired!
Michigan pig farmers involved in pork production are committed to finding new and innovative ways to do business. From environmental management to animal nutrition and animal health, Michigan pork producers take their responsibilities VERY seriously and have been innovative leaders in the research, science and latest technology that helps keep feeding the world. The main goal for Michigan Pork Producers is to produce the healthiest, safe and environmentally sound pork products for our consumers to enjoy and demand. Healthy animals are a vital part of a successful pork industry.